I write the school newsletter for my daughter's preschool. It's a labour of love. Every issue I include a recipe from one of the families that go to the preschool. I put a call out a couple months ago for a newsletter recipe and my friend Laurie sent me this. As soon as I read it I ran out and got waffle pretzels, Rolos and pecans. Then they sat in my cupboard... until today. (Not sure why but perhaps the fact my kids have been trading the flu back and forth for 2 months might have something to do with it!)
I was looking for a little sweet snack to send into work with my husband on night shift, those poor guys need a little sugar around 3am to make it through, and that's when I came across the Rolos in the cupboard. I'm not even joking here, 5 minutes later they were done. No mess, no dishes to wash, and even though they went in the oven, I'd hardly call this baking. SO freakin' easy! And did I mention delicious? Yeah, they're good. Thanks Laurie!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites
Rolos or other Chocolate Caramel candies (Caramilk Secrets would be awesome)
1. Place as many waffle pretzels as you'd like on a parchment -lined baking sheet.
2. Top each pretzel with a chocolate caramel.
3. Put in a preheated 350˚F oven for 2-3 minutes or until the candies are just softened.
4. Remove from the oven and immediately press a pecan into the melty candy.
5. Pop in your mouth and fall in love.