Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Juicy Roast Chicken


There are so many recipes out there that claim to be the juiciest roast chicken recipe that it'll make your head spin. I've tried most of them and they were all lying! So when I found this recipe on allrecipes.com I was skeptical, but ever the optimist I decided it was to be last night's dinner. It totally exceeded my expectations. I have never seen a more juicy, succulent chicken come out of an oven. The white meat was so moist and tender I had to wipe up drips on the table transferring slices from the bird to our plates. My husband, who only ever eats dark meat cause white meat is too dry, actually ate white meat and loved it! I encourage you to try this recipe, you'll never have to eat another dry bird again.

seriously, look at that, that's one juicy chicken!

Juicy Roast Chicken allrecipes.com

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
1/2 cup margarine, divided
1 stalk celery, leaves removed (I actually used the leafy part as I find ti has a great deal of flavour)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder.
4. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior.
5. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
6. Bake uncovered (approx.) 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
7. Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.

This method would also work with your Thanksgiving Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment