Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Bumble Bees


Nothing says springtime like bumble bees buzzing all around, bringing the flowers back to life. And nothing says tasty like these little peanut butter and graham crumb bees. I had these years ago when my cousin made them for a daycare she was working at and I always remembered them. A little digging and I found the recipe at Kraft's website.

My husband has brought a whole bunch of them in to work to share, I'm looking forward to the empty containers coming back!

Peanut Butter Bumble Bees

1 c. Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 c. butter
1 c. icing sugar
1 1/2 c. Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 25 squares crushed)
1 square Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
1/2 c. sliced almonds

Instructions:
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Fold in graham crumbs and mix well.
3. Shape into 1 inch ovals.
4. put melted chocolate into a small ziploc bag and snip the corner off and drizzle chocolate over the tops of the bees.
5. Insert almond slices on side to form wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment